Senior Quantity Surveyor – High-End Residential
Blandford Forum, Dorset
Salary £65,000 + Car Allowance + 23 Days Holiday + Pension
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a respected main contractor based in Dorset who is searching for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the business in the New Year.
The company has a reputation for expert craftsmanship and has built a brand for delivering high class refurbishments and renovations of country homes, as well as period town houses and listed properties throughout the South of England.
They have already secured a busy order book going in to 2022 and now require a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Senior Project Quantity Surveyor with main contracting experience to commercially manage high-end residential refurbishment and new build projects, ranging in value from £1M – £6M.
- Be confident in dealing directly with Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Clients and Subcontractors.
- Be able to keep a tight control on potentially high numbers of variations on a large number of on-going projects, assisting Site Managers and Contracts Managers in recording all variations, pricing them and accurately recording their effect on final accounts and ensure that information is received for all variations.
- Take a lead in the calculation and preparation of all company valuations and final accounts.
- Prepare and present monthly job cost analysis data.
- Assume full control of subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management. Overall responsibility for ensuring that all subcontract / supplier orders placed are within budget.
- Pay regular visits to site, as well as liaising directly with Contracts Managers and Site Managers to ensure that all variations are recorded on CVIs and copied to all interested parties.
- Ensure that reminders are sent to Contracts Managers at the appropriate time and that retentions are collected in full without delay.
- Report to Line Manager as soon as any individual budget is exceeded or likely to be exceeded.
- Ensure that valuations and final account for each contract are formatted / presented to suit the exact requirements of the individual PQS / Architect / Client to speed up the certification process.
Knowledge / Skills
- HNC in Construction or relevant Degree level qualification.
- Knowledge of main contracting or private residential building contracting. (Desirable)
- Have a good working knowledge MS Office – Intermediate level of Excel.
- To be able to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations and specific building information.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction management IT packages.
- Salary up to £65,000
- Car allowance £5000
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Individual private medical insurance.
- Free onsite parking.
- 4pm finish on a Friday!
If you are interested in this role, contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987851 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org