Reference Number: 000939
Position Sought: Contracts Manager
Day Rate/Salary: £Neg
1974 –1981 The Mountbatten School
GCE “A” Levels – Mathematics Applied, Physics.
GCE “O” Levels – Mathematics, Physics, Technical Drawing, English
Language, English Literature, Economics, Geography, Social Studies,
Environmental Studies, Electronics.
NEBOSH – Construction, Working at height, Asbestos awareness, UKPIA Petrol Passport, Temporary Works Coordinator, Manual Handling, Face Fit Testing, PPE, Mental Health Awareness, Display Screen Eqpt.
- Allocate direct & subcontract labour.
- Manage health & safety compliance.
- Be fully conversant with contract documentation, specification and contract conditions.
- Attend and chair initial scoping & pre-start meetings.
- Protect the company’s contractual position through correct use of contract and subcontract conditions.
- Oversee each contract and ensure high quality workmanship is produced.
Health and Safety
- Produce site specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Compile the Construction Health & Safety plan for submission to clients.
- Ensure all Health & Safety measures are in place, organise safety officer visits where applicable.
Programme and Planning
- Produce a programme of works tailored to each site.
- Continual monitoring of progress against programme.
- Plan the organisation of the site & programme to ensure optimum use of resources.
- Organise labour, plant, materials and sub-contractors.
- Plan & execute works to minimise Health & Safety risks to all.
- Set up site files.
- Maintain contract files throughout works.
- Check invoices and pass to relevant departments for payment.
- Compile and complete the O & M manuals.
Materials & Plant
- Schedule and order plant.
- Schedule and order materials.
- Present a professional, helpful, polite and competent image of myself and the company.
- Offer advice on technical and other matters.
- Liaise with Client, their representatives, Architect, Surveyor, Building Control and Safety Officer.
- Produce final account, financial statements & interim valuations.
- Update financial records on a regular basis.
- Negotiate with suppliers for best possible value costs.
February 2017 to July 2020 Contracts Manager J M Scully Ltd
In the role of Contracts Manager, I have total responsibility for planning and programming the projects, allocation of labour, reviewing contracts, leading site meetings, liaising with clients, health and safety, controlling materials and all financial matters including final account, financial statements & interim valuations.
Projects managed consist of the construction and fit-out of New Coop Supermarkets throughout the UK. Contract values from circa £500K to £1.2 million
Example of Projects
Coop Projects Value
Bognor Regis £370,000.00
Burgess Hill £438,000.00
Chichester East Street £534,000.00
Ebbsfleet Southfleet £490,000.00
Kingston Lower Mash £4,389,000.00
Minster Aspen Drive £391,000.00
Andover Salisbury £419,000.00
Pagham, Nr Bognor Regis £1,267,000.00
Canvey Island £396,000.00
Colindale Station £495,000.00
Leighton Buzzard £235,400.00
Maidstone Weeks Street £470,000.00
Queens Park £495,000.00
Ross on Wye £355,000.00
Ocean Village £387,000.00
February 2016 to February 2017 Project/Construction Manager Createability Ltd
Responsible for the refurbishment of Sports Centres Nationwide for Greenwich Leisure Ltd.
Bath Leisure Centre
New Trampoline Park, Bowling Alley, Fitness Suite, Car Park, Lift, Mezzanine Floor & Reception Area, New Swimming Pool Complex. Contract Value £4.8m.
Westgate Centre For Sports
Transformation of an existing Sports Centre into a Trampoline Park Cafeteria, Mezzanine viewing area, New Changing/Shower Rooms. Contract value £1m
All Saints Sports Centre
Refitting an existing sports Centre, New Gym, Changing Rooms, new extension to reception area. Contract Value £685K
Walker Dome Sports Area
Refresh of existing Sports Centre – New Gym, Reception & Fitness Suite. Contract Value £108K
Oct 20013 to Feb 2016 Project Manager and Health & Safety Coordinator MTL Contractors Ltd
Store 21, Cordery Shopfitting, Paperchase Ltd, Eastleigh Borough Council, David Rose Construction, Oakmont Construction, Linden Homes, Balfour Beatty, Costa Coffee, Leonard Cheshire Homes.
Project Manger and Health & Safety Coordinator
March 2008 to October 2013 Project Manager Wedderburn Shopfitting Ltd
Homebase, Argos, Budgens, Dunelm Mills, Countrywide, New Look, Pizza Express, Iceland Frozen Foods, 3 Mobile Telecommunications.
1999 – March 2008 Senior Contracts Manager Aptiva Ltd – Asbestos Removal, Thermal & Sound Insulation
Self-Education, Historical Buildings & Architecture, Cinema, Motorcycling, Travel, Exploration, Camping.
For further information regarding this candidate contact Stephen Blaymires on 02380 972 394 or 07498 987 851