Senior Quantity Surveyor
Salary up to £65,000 + Car Allowance + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Projects: Industrial, Commercial and Housing – £500K to £6M
I am representing an award-winning Building and Civil Engineering contractor based near Salisbury who is searching for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their growing business.
They have an opportunity within their Building Department for an experienced Quantity Surveyor from a main contracting background who is looking for a long-term opportunity and will be a key figure within the Building Department.
The company has established strong relationships with the private and public sector and undertakes a wide range of new build and refurbishment projects across the South of England. They are currently working on Industrial, Commercial and Housing contracts with project values ranging from £500K to £6M.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain client relationships.
You will be responsible for managing all commercial activities on new build and refurbishment projects.
You will be capable of running between 3 to 4 projects independently and will have a good understanding of JCT or NEC forms of contract.
- Project delivery including pre-contract elements.
- Sub-contract management, procurement and negotiation.
- Monthly valuations and supervision of sub-contractors.
- Preparation of interim applications.
- Project valuations, variations, planning budgets and costing.
- Management of projects to final accounts stage.
- Reporting to management.
- Cost/value reconciliations and ensuring standard costs are accurate.
- Risk management and capital trend analysis.
- Resolution of contractual issues.
- At least 7 years’ experience working for a main contractor.
- You will have experience of new build, refurbishment projects.
- Civil Engineering experience would be an advantage.
- You will hold a degree or HNC in Construction (or equivalent).
- CSCS Certification will be essential.
- You will have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Salary of £50,000.00 – £65,000.00 depending on experience.
- Pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays.
- Career progression.
- Employee assistance programme, with a 24/7 support helpline.
If you would like further information regarding this opportunity, then contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 or 02380 972 394.