Quantity Surveyor – Schedule of Rates
Maintenance / Refurbishment Sector
Salary up to £50,000 + Car Allowance + 23 Days Holiday + Pension
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a leading maintenance and refurbishment contractor who is searching for a Quantity Surveyor with schedule of rates experience.
The company operates across the residential and commercial sectors and prides itself on its reputation for quality workmanship. The business undertakes planned, reactive and refurbishment projects across a wide variety of sectors that include social housing, education, MoD with projects ranging from £50K to £3M.
Due to continued growth, they are searching for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with schedule of rates knowledge to join their commercial team. The office is based in the Thames Valley; however home working is encouraged.
· As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for pricing planned, reactive and refurbishment projects using SORs and will be familiar with NHF rates.
· Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all work streams including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control.
· Minimising costs where possible, maximising value and ultimately making profit.
· Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
· Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
· Procuring materials, plant and subcontractors in line with contract budgets.
· Have proven experience in response maintenance and planned refurbishment environments.
· A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value, profit and cash flow
· Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills.
· Experience of working with direct labour and subcontract procurement.
· Experience of working on Schedule of Rates contracts is preferred with the ability to price minor works from first principles.
· Salary up to £50,000 + car allowance.
· 23 days holiday.
· Ongoing training & development.
· Annual pay reviews.
· Professional working environment.
To find out more about this role contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394 or email: email@example.com