Senior Estimator – New Build & Refurbishment
Salary £65,000 + Car Allowance + 25 Days Holiday + Pension
Blaymires Recruitment is representing an established main contractor located in Southampton who is searching for a Senior Estimator to join their business.
The company undertakes a variety of new build and refurbishment projects across the Private, Commercial, Education, Leisure, Health and Defence sectors, with project values ranging between 500k to £5M.
Due to their Senior Estimator retiring, they are looking for a Senior Estimator or Estimator with main contracting experience who has a proven track record of analytical estimating and cost planning to tight deadlines. You will have an in-depth knowledge of New Build and Refurbishment tendering.
Responsible for calculating tenders for new build and refurbishment projects, maintaining an adequate return on investment and ensuring high quality of work is always maintained.
- Undertake all estimating duties.
- Completing quantity take offs as required and completing schedules of work, or bills of quantities if applicable.
- Thoroughly analysing sub-contract returns (including sub-contract comparisons) and engaging with the supply chain throughout the bid to ensure suitable returns are provided.
- Take ownership of the estimating process and follow a robust estimating procedure including managing all enquiries to sub-contractors, choosing applicable sub-contractors etc.
- Take ownership of the entire bid process, which includes liaising with the Architect or PQS, establishing the bid requirements for submission.
- Detailed knowledge of main contracting tendering.
- Have a good understanding of traditional building methods, groundworks and products.
- Have experience working with estimating software like Esti-Mate, or ConQuest. (Desirable)
- Have a good working knowledge MS Office – Intermediate level of Excel.
- Ability to write clear and precise communications which might include detailed and complex figures, calculations, and specific building information.
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills and the ability to learn construction IT packages.
- Ability to complete take offs and produce detailed schedules of work when required.
- Salary £65,000
- Car Allowance
- 25 Days Holiday
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Ongoing training and development
- Annual career reviews
If you would like further information, then contact Stephen Blaymires on 02380 972 394 / 07498 987 851 or email: email@example.com