Estimator / Surveyor – Schedule of Rates
Maintenance / Refurbishment Sector
Salary up to £40,000 + 23 Days Holiday + Pension
Blaymires Recruitment is working with a respected maintenance and refurbishment contractor based near Southampton who is searching for an Estimator/Surveyor.
The company has been operating for over 20 years and undertakes reactive and planned maintenance and full refurbishment projects for clients with commercial, leisure and residential sectors.
Due to a steady increase in workload, they are looking to recruit an Estimator/ Surveyor with schedule of rates and traditional pricing experience who will be able to price and financially manage projects up to £750,000.
- As Estimator / Surveyor you will be responsible for pricing using SOR’s, BCIS rates, NHF rates and client rates as well as labour and materials.
- Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all work streams including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control.
- Minimising costs where possible, maximising value and ultimately making profit.
- Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
- Procuring materials, plant and subcontractors in line with contract budgets.
- Have proven experience in response maintenance and planned refurbishment environments.
- A proven ability to minimise cost and maximise value and profit.
- Strong IT and Microsoft excel skills.
- Experience of working with direct labour and subcontract procurement.
- Experience of working on Schedule of Rates contracts is required with the ability to price minor works from first principles.
- Salary up to £40,000
- 23 days holiday.
- Ongoing training & development.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Professional working environment.
To find out more about this role contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394 or email: email@example.com