Assistant Building Surveyor
Consultancy based near Southampton.
Salary up to £30,000 + Car Allowance + Pension + 22 Days Holiday
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a Surveying and Consultancy firm based near Southampton who are searching for an Assistant Building Surveyor to join their business.
The consultancy works closely with their clients to understand and manage cladding combustibility risk, defects and remedial issues. They are presently working with a range of clients from social housing providers, landlords, private consortiums and management companies.
Due to a sustained increase in work load they are searching for an Assistant Building Surveyor to work alongside and support the Senior Building Surveying team.
This role would suit an Assistant Building Surveyor who is already working towards their APC and is looking to gain further experience and support.
The consultancy will also consider hard working and motivated Graduate Building Surveyor applicants.
As an Assistant Building Surveyor your role will involve:
You will visit sites to check and assist with reports and preparation of tender packs including design, spec, scope, and will work closely with the design team to determine scope, products, costs and budgets.
You will assist with the undertaking of report writing and preparation from data prepared by their onsite Consultant.
You will ensure work is completed to a standard which complies with current regulations, technical manuals, and health and safety.
Frequent liaison with peers and management on technical matters.
The Candidate / Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and be able to prioritise and multi-task.
- You will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy.
- Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Clean driving licence.
- Salary up to £30,000.
- Car Allowance
- Bonus up to £3k per year.
- Support towards APC
- Ongoing career development.
- Friendly and professional working environment.
If you would like further information about this role then contact Stephen Blaymires on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394 or email: Stephen.email@example.com