Project – Village hall redevelopment into a private house – £1 Million
Location: Near Wincanton
Salary / Day Rate: £45,000 + Package or Day Rate
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a leading North Dorset building contractor who is searching for a Site Manager to manage the redevelopment of a village hall into a private residence based near Wincanton with a contract value of £1 million.
You will be joining an established Building and Civil Engineering contractor who undertakes a variety of projects across the South and South West.
The business is looking for an experienced Site Manager who has new build and refurbishment experience with excellent communication skills to lead this project and will consider applicants on either a permanent or freelance basis.
- You will have experience of managing building projects up to the value of £2 million.
- You will have experience ensuring works are completed to programme and reviewed monthly.
- You will understand working with a zero defects policy.
- You will have a proactive attitude towards Health & Safety and undertake audits to ensure compliance.
- You will be able to communicate with all levels of management and clients.
- You will be commercially astute.
- Attend weekly and monthly project review / H&S meetings.
- Carry out the implementation of RAMS and compliance of these documents.
- Update the Construction Phase Plan.
- Maintain quality throughout all stages and ensure construction is as per the design.
- Identify significant changes through the Early Warning Format.
- Have some contract knowledge of JCT and NEC3.
- Have an excellent understanding of construction processes.
- Experience in managing multiple trades and subcontractors.
- Undertake site measures for the commercial team.
- Order materials in good time with a focus on cost and quality.
- Control the contract budget.
- Ensure daily briefings and point of works assessments are undertaken.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in a construction trade desirable.
- SMSTS Qualified, First Aid Ticket.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
- Enthusiastic attitude.
- Salary up to £45000 + Company Vehicle + 20 Days Holiday + Pension.
- Professional working environment.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Interesting future projects.
To find out more about this role contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org