Quantity Surveyor – Shopfitting / Refurbishment
Salary up to £45,000 + Car Allowance + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
A respected Shopfitting and Refurbishment contractor based near Basingstoke is searching for a Quantity Surveyor to join their business.
They are a long-standing Joinery, Shopfitting and Refurbishment contractor who specialise in individual and multiple unit roll-out programmes as well as undertaking shell and core fit-out projects.
Over the past 20 years they have worked for many leading names such as John Lewis, NHS, Odeon Cinemas, Pizza Hut, House of Fraser, TGI Fridays, Hotel Chocolat and Costa.
The company is entering a sustained busy period and requires a Quantity Surveyor with refurbishment or shop-fitting experience to join the business.
The company will consider either an established Quantity Surveyor or a motivated Assistant Quantity Surveyor who is looking to step up and make their mark.
The nature of the projects you will be working on are fast paced and will require a high degree of organisation as well as needing to visit sites when required.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive contractor who has long-term plans to grow and will offer a stable and interesting career.
- You will be responsible for managing all costs, saving money where applicable.
- To keep a tight control of variations on site, record all variations, pricing them and accurately recording their effect on final accounts.
- Manage allocated projects, packages and subcontractors, calculation and preparation of all company valuations and assist with final accounts.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly job cost analysis data.
- Analyse current methods and procedures and develop improved methods of working.
- Organise, order and manage subcontract orders, applications and assist with subcontract enquiries and management.
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Refurbishment, Shopfitting background would be an advantage.
- HNC or Degree qualified.
- Good knowledge of JCT forms of contracts.
If you would like further information, then call Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 02380 972 394 / 07498 987 851.