Refurbishment / New Build – Projects ranging up to £5 Million.
Salary up to £70,000 + Car Allowance + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bonus
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a respected main contractor based in Southampton who are searching for a Contracts Manager.
The company has a rich history in undertaking refurbishment and new build projects across the Education, Healthcare and Leisure sectors delivering traditional and design & build projects.
The company is entering a sustained busy period and requires a Contracts Manager or Project Manager who is based within a 1 hour commute of Southampton.
You will be capable of running multiple projects across the South and will ensure that every project is completed safely, on time or ahead of time, within budget, that the project's objectives are met, and that the project exceeds the client’s expectations.
- To manage and deliver construction and refurbishment projects in schools, universities, hospitals, research and community buildings with values of between £50,000 and £5,000,000.
- Arrange and attend pre-start meetings with Site Manager and client, taking account of client’s needs and expectations.
- Organise the various professional people required to work on the project.
- Work alongside the project QS to agree and place subcontract packages.
- Work alongside the H&S Manager to obtain risk assessments and method statements from relevant contractors for review, develop construction phase plans, assemble H&S files and all other relevant documentation.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the scope of works and sub-contract packages, produce order schedule and issue to Site Manager.
- Work with Site Manager and subcontractors to develop project programme and issue to client when finalised.
- Arrange and attend regular meetings throughout the project with sub-contractors and Site Managers.
- Monitor sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained.
- Ensure that all the aims of the project and quality standards are met.
- Use Microsoft Project to keep track of progress and report on a regular basis to the Contracts Director.
- Ensure that all relevant documents such as construction drawings, Architects’ instructions, CVIs, RFIs, variation schedules, valuations etc are recorded on the server and kept up to date.
- Salary up to £70,000 + Car Allowance + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Bonus
- Friendly working environment.
- Ongoing training and development
- Interesting and varied work.
If you would like further information, then call Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 02380 972 394 or 07498 987 851 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org