Quantity Surveyor – Painting
Salary £50000 + Car or £4000 Allowance + 10% Bonus + 23 Days Holiday + Pension + Flexible Working
Blaymires Recruitment is representing a leading refurbishment contractor based near West London who is searching for a Quantity Surveyor to join their established painting division.
As Quantity Surveyor you will actively tender, estimate and measure on site and will be comfortable in building relationships, collaborating with the team, and delivering an excellent client service.
The department undertakes painting and refurbishment projects for the Mod, councils, care homes and for Social Housing providers, delivering key planned and refurbishment-based services.
This is an exciting time to be joining the growing painting division as it will offer the opportunity of long-term employment and the chance of promotion.
The Quantity Surveyor role will include:
Being responsible for the financial and technical aspects of the contract across all work streams including procurement, invoicing, payments, cash flow and cost control.
Minimising costs where possible, maximising value and ultimately making profit.
Working with direct labour and subcontractors, ensuring all work issued has labour targets to return agreed profit performance.
Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the workforce, customers, subcontractors, suppliers and clients.
Producing monthly contract reports identifying commercial risks and opportunities to ensure correct contract planning valuations of the unit’s actual deliverables against the projected budget (CVRs).
What will you bring as a Quantity Surveyor:
- Proven experience in a similar commercial quantity surveying or estimating role; they are open to considering transferable industry backgrounds however maintenance and refurbishment/planned background would be very advantageous.
- Experience of successfully managing a value of works collectively up to £1.5 Million from measuring, through to final accounts.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a key eye for identifying business opportunities and developing key existing relationships.
- You will be analytical, organised and honest as well as being a genuine ‘people person’ who relishes in communicating effectively with their clients, trade teams and immediate colleagues fostering a real ‘working together’ environment.
On Offer / Additional Benefits
- Salary £50000 + Car or Allowance.
- 23 Days Holiday.
- 10% Bonus.
- Flexible Working.
- Ongoing training & development.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Professional working environment.
- Medical and life insurance.
- Enhanced maternity/ paternity pay.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Trade discounts from suppliers for you and your friends and family.
- Specsavers vouchers.
To find out more about this role contact Stephen Blaymires at Blaymires Recruitment on 07498 987 851 / 02380 972 394.